jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2009

September 1, 1939


This poem written by W. H. Auden was really touchy for me, because it talks about war and how war affects people lives. Maybe it really touched me, due to the fact that I am a mother and I do not know what I would do if my daughter has to go to war and, in concequence, die. Going to war for most people, including me, means that you are going to die, because that is the main point of a war, kill the enemy.

Auden talks about how devastating was loosing husbands and sons to women of that time. Maybe for some women loosing their husband was not so terrible as it was loosing their sons in a war that had nothing to do with them, because let’s face it, wars are made by people who never stands up for the country, I mean people who has never been into a war, they just watch how people die because of his or her beliefs, ambitions and greed. With this final thought I am trying to say that ordinary people do not choose wars, wars are impose upon them by others.

No hay comentarios: