domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2009

Odour of Chrysanthemums


I really enjoyed this short story, because, in my opinión, it is very realistic for the time that it was written, I mean, I think that kind of issues were present in those years.

When I read the story I did not know much about D.H. Lawrence´s life, so I could not see how his childhood was represented in this story. After knowing that his father was a miner and his mother was a teacher, I realized that he was inspired by his childhood, I mean by his parents’ way of living to write this story.

I believe that Lawrence did not have a very happy childhood, because of the wife’s personality in the story. In other words, he knew how uncomfortable and unhappy was his mother with her life and husband, so he could not have a nice childhood at his home. I also believe that he had a dysfunctional family, because his father was almost never at home.

I have this conclusions about his personal life, according to what I read in the Odour of Chrysanthemums short story. I really believe that it is a passage of his real life as a child.

No hay comentarios: