martes, 22 de septiembre de 2009

The Signal - Man


After reading this short story I could not avoid thinking about the movie "Modern Times" by Charles Chaplin, because it also refers to the Industrial Revolution.

I believe that the train has to do with the connections among different cities, because it is a mean of transport that it is used to move things, people, animals or whatever that you would like to transport to another city or to another place.

Going back to the story itself, I have to admit that I still do not understand the Ghost that appears in it, I still can not find the point of this Ghost. It really made me feel lost while I was reading this story.

Another thing that called my attention was how the main character appreciated society. He was seeing how the progress was passing in front of him and he just was a spectator that was not able to do anything about what was going on in front of his eyes.

No hay comentarios: